If you’d like help with any of the following, please contact our office to request assistance. In order to serve you better, please make sure to include your name and postal code in your request:

Help Accessing Government Services

If you require help dealing with any federal department, agency, or crown corporation, our office can help. Federal agencies include, but are not limited to, Employment Insurance, Passports, Citizenship and Immigration, Firearms Licensing, Service Canada, Revenue Canada, Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and Old Age Security (OAS).

Congratulatory Certificates

We offer congratulatory certificates for residents celebrating a significant anniversary, birthday or other special occasion. For certain milestones, you may also request certificates from the Prime Minister’s office and the Governor General.

Tours of Parliament Hill and Attending Question Period

Our office is happy to arrange for tours of Parliament Hill or tickets to Question Period if you’re visiting Ottawa.

Attend an Event

Invite me to attend your event and bring greetings.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or require assistance in any other way, we’ll do whatever we can to help. Please visit our contact page and get in touch!

Commissioner of Oaths

A Commissioner of Oaths is an individual who is authorized by law to witness signatures for certain documents such as affidavits and statutory declarations.

Please note that we are not Notary Public.

Please bring in your complete document to be commissioned but do not sign it until the Commissioner is available to witness your signature.

In order to have your document commissioned, all parties required to sign the document must be present and must provide valid photo identification.

We recommend that wills, living wills, power of attorney, divorce, separation, or custody agreements be taken to a lawyer or notary’s office as our commissioner will not sign these documents.

The following is list of forms that a Commissioner of Oaths can sign:

  • Delayed birth registration forms;
  • Application to amend birth registration;
  • Declaration affirming parentage;
  • Election to change of name of child under the age of 12;
  • Statutory declaration by an applicant to correct an error in registration;
  • Legal name change application;
  • Blank statutory declaration;
  • Insurance claims;
  • Common law status affidavits;
  • Special invitations to family members overseas;
  • Passport applications (in lieu of guarantor);
  • Pension purpose attestations of recipient being alive and confirming their residency;
  • Residency document;
  • Lost passport;
  • Single status certificate;
  • Consent letter for traveling with a child commonly referred to as a travel document;
  • Federal government permanent residency card applications
  • Municipal Information Form (MIF) for liquor license;
  • Affidavit waiving vaccinations based on religious grounds.

The following is a listing of documents a Commissioner of Oaths cannot sign:

  • Any affidavit related to divorces, separations or real estate matters;
  • Documents that need to be certified or if true copies need to be authored;
  • Forms which call upon a Commissioner of Oath, yet also request certified true copies of other documents as attachments. Because the Commissioner cannot certify attachments, they cannot sign the affixed application (as listed above, the only exception is that of a federal government permanent residency application);
  • Affidavits of true affidavits required for an applicant of a marriage license. These must be signed by a notary public. These documents are to be taken to a lawyer for appropriate advice and assistance.

Please note we reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document.

Provincial and Municipal Government

Government of Ontario

City of Vaughan and King Township

Contact: Stephen Lecce, Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP)

  • Licensing Issues
  • Anniversary, Birthday, and Special Event Scrolls
  • Family Responsibility Office (FRO) Issues
  • Healthcards
  • OHIP Issues
  • Accessible Parking Permit
  • Highways
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
  • Trillium Drug Program
  • Workplace Safety & Insurance Board

Contact: Councillor at King Township Mayor and Council or City of Vaughan Mayor and Council

  • Animal Control
  • Anniversary, Birthday, and Special Event Scrolls
  • By-law Enforcement
  • Subsidized Housing Issues
  • Land Use Planning
  • Local Public Transportation
  • Local Roads and Snow Removal
  • Noise Complaints
  • Ontario Works (Social Assistance)
  • Police & Fire Protection
  • Property Taxes
  • Recreation
  • Waste Collection & Recycling
  • Water & Sewer Services